The Applications Engineer will be involved in the definition and validation of controller ICs used within our modules. The engineer will also be involved in the definition and development of customer facing graphical user interface products.
- Working independently and with other members of the Applications Engineering team on the various projects involving our power components.
- Responsible for implementing and validating new features and functions into customer facing GUI.
- Assists IC and product design engineering in defining, validating, and debugging firmware and hardware features for our products.
- Developing tools for applications and product development use, including system calculators and automated programming scripts.
- Developing working simulation models of our controllers to assist in system design.
- Maintaining and upgrading applications lab software tools.
- Brainstorming, specifying, and verifying online application tools and functions in support of PowerBench suite of online tools.
- Assisting in the development of reference designs and evaluation printed circuit boards.
- Working as part of a team in defining new products in support of new applications.
- System level verification of new products as part of New Product Introduction (NPI) programs.
- Troubleshooting and optimizing customer systems which use our power components.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, MSEE a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience designing AC-DC, DC-DC power supplies, or designing with AC-DC or DC-DC power components.
- Programming experience in C/C++, java, and scripting languages such as python.
- Excellent understanding of analog design and an analytical approach to engineering required.
- Some familiarity with online design tools a strong plus.
- Troubleshooting skills with basic power systems a plus.
- Comfortable with lab equipment used in the characterization and design of power supplies and systems (oscilloscopes, DMMs, Network Analyzers, EMI analyzers, loads, sources, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting at a technical level in front of customers.
- Some understanding of feedback and control systems, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), digital (e.g. PIC microcontroller) design, and simulation tools would be a plus.
- Familiarity with CAD and office tools (Altium, Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.) a plus, if not, a willingness to learn and adopt the use of software tools in support of job function.
Reference Number: LCVC111
|Job Category||Power - Battery, Power Management|