Automotive Power Electronics Engineering Manager
Posted 4 years ago
- Lead a team of engineering specialists in electronics, specifically for use in power electronics applications.
- Will be responsible for staffing, technical execution of team, and project deadlines.
- Technical over site of the power electronics electrical hardware design engineers, ECAD designers, electronics electrical engineers and the electrical controller design engineers within the power electronics / electronics team.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate efforts of the power electronics team to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Help deliver flawless design and launch/commercialization processes.
- Manage and prioritize workload of the team and related outside resources. Maintain visibility of workload to engineering organization.
- Development of team including talent management system cycle processes.
- Evaluate quality of work, responsiveness, and communication. Adjust as needed.
- Create standard work processes, and design templates & guidelines for power electronics / electronics products.
- Assess and coordinate training according to company and employee growth needs.
- Create and maintain power electronics product and technology road maps.
- Communicate and enforce safe work procedures.
- Identification and closure of safety issues (suggestions, inspection and investigation findings, hazards and controls, GSSF actions) and their corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum 8 years electronics engineering experience required with a minimum of 5 years specific to electronics hardware design.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Automotive experience strongly preferred.
- Familiar with Mentor Graphics preferred.
- Familiar with requirements gathering and management tools such as Doors.
- Familiar with requirements compliance planning and testing (V Diagram fulfillment).
- Excellent people skills and history of teamwork.
- Determines best techniques/procedure and applies for analysis, design, or experimental procedures.
- Documents and shares best-practices.
- Mentors less experienced.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Willingness/ability to travel 10% both domestically and internationally.
|Job Category||Automotive - EV|