Design Engineer Position Summary:
Designs, develops, improves and tests new or existing custom electronic products from concept through production. Interfaces with customers on requirements and provides technical proposals in response to requests for quotes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings and schematics. Creates schematic and lays out PCB in eCAD tool.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software to perform simulations of electronic circuits and worst-case analysis prior to their production.
- Utilizes sophisticated equipment to analyze and test electronic designs.
- Coordinates building of prototype product or systems.
- As product development lead, conducts design reviews at appropriate intervals and in accordance with the company procedures, involving all applicable departments.
- Serves as the technical lead for product development and formal design reviews.
- Performs root cause analysis for manufacturing stage or customer returns.
- Plans and develops test experimental test programs; analyzes test results.
- Writes and/or approves ECO’s and corrective action reports.
- Analyzes assigned requests for quote to evaluate feasibility of meeting requirements; Provides cost estimates for quotation purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- BSEE or BSEET.
- Engineering skills to include analog design with preference to power supply design experience.
- Experience with resonant converters at greater than 1kw considered a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- May require travel in support of sales and/or products.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask.
Reference Number: CMAC116
|Job Category||Aerospace - DOD, Power Management|