Under the Supervision of the Vice President of R&D, the Director of Electrical / Firmware Engineering provides the department with the technical discipline expertise needed for the design of high-quality products. Leads an R&D electrical / firmware engineering group composed of design engineers, firmware engineers, board designers, and technicians.
- Manage electrical / firmware engineering activities within the organization.
- Maintain and monitor project status of your direct reports relative to project assignments.
- Design activity includes firmware development, circuit design, component selection, PCB layout, and mechanical assembly.
- Working with Design, Mechanical, Software, Firmware, and Applications Engineering to fully specify their product requirements, promote design approach, and participate in design reviews.
- Plan and maintain product development schedule with a team of assigned PCB Layout Designers, CAD Designers, Test Technicians, Model Shop and Prototype Fabrication Specialists and report on status.
- Implement and maintain policies and procedures for designing, testing, installing, and maintaining systems.
- Review and approve new or revised testing or installation procedures.
- Develop electrical distribution systems for large and small electromechanical systems using recognized industry standards and specifications.
- Perform system calculations and studies for electrical power systems – load flow, voltage drop, motor starting, short circuit studies, and relay coordination studies.
- Assist in the development of project schedules and manpower requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or related field of study.
- 10+ years design experience in high end microcontroller design, power electronics and FPGAs.
- Experience in:
- Managing engineers, designers and technicians.
- Allocating resources to meet critical deadlines.
- Conceptualizing system architectures and writing appropriate specifications.
- Ability to motivate and inspire a group, and to form collaborative relationships with other internal organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in instrumentation design or the life science industry a plus.
|Job Category||Industrial/Fuel Cell, Medical|