We are seeking an exceptional director of engineering to lead a team of mechanical engineers that develop new products and support their transition to market. Programs involve a broad range of technologies including sophisticated laser and optical delivery systems, ultrasound, and radio-frequency devices. The ideal candidate would have experience managing and mentoring engineering teams, experience in all phases of product development, and a strong track record of innovation. Experience leading product development programs and teams is also desirable. This position provides a unique opportunity to drive innovation from the component to system level in a fast-paced, well-funded R&D environment.
- Inspire and mentor a team of engineers to develop innovative and cost-effective mechanical designs that enable best-in-class products.
- Efficiently manage team workflow to support a wide range of projects in development phases ranging from proof-of-concept to sustaining engineering.
- Develop and maintain effective tools for the group including CAD design software, FEA modeling software, 3D printers, and an in-house machine shop.
- Serve as a primary technical contributor in defining concepts for new system architectures.
- Contribute individually to design development and experimental design verification as needed.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in mechanical engineering with at least 7 years of product development experience.
- At least 4 years of experience managing a team of mechanical engineers with a focus on leading by example.
- A track record of contributing to successful product introductions including at least one significant program from proof-of-concept through pilot production and a strong understanding of product development best practices.
- A sense of urgency in driving projects and desire to set ambitious goals and work aggressively to meet project schedules.
- In depth knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and material properties of metals, ceramics, and plastics.
- Extensive CAD design experience (Solidworks preferred).
- Proven experience in structural analysis, thermal analysis, fluid dynamics, and/or multi-physics simulations; expert use of Matlab, Pro-E Mechanica or Comsol preferred.
- Basic knowledge of electronics and optics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A drive and passion for developing a holistic understanding to problems and developing creative, practical solutions in a timely manner.
- An interest and curiosity for biomedicine and biomedical applications.
- Experience leading product development projects is a plus.
Our client has been ranked on Forbes Magazine’s “200 Best Small Companies.” They seek exceptionally talented, capable, committed people to help shape and develop the Company, they also offer competitive benefits to all levels of employees.
Reference Number: MMCU126
|Job Category||Electro-Mechanical, Medical|