Director, Product Definition Position Overview:
Our Client is a highly successful, $2.4 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, they design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. They reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? With our Client, the possibilities are endless.
Our Client is looking for an experienced product definition leader with a track record of defining successful power management products and leading a team of definers and applications engineers. The successful candidate is expected to work closely with customers, FAEs, and internal teams to develop and support innovative products along with complete solution for small and large customers in multiple end-markets.
This is a high visibility, exciting opportunity in Core Products Group to take a winning product-line with a strong base of customers and take it to the next level with responsibility for strategy, product plan, and a global team. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, technical competence in power electronics, curiosity and initiative. Your insights, recommendations, and decisions will have a significant impact on Company’s growth and success in the broad market.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop comprehensive product plan with strategies and tactics:
- Work with customers, business managers, and field to recognize market transition points and define innovative products and roadmap.
- Understand system level architecture to identify key customer problems and product opportunities for multiple end markets.
- Lead the team to crystallize relevant features and specifications to develop product definition document.
- Products & Whole Solution:
- Define creative products in areas that include but not limited to voltage regulators, protection, and multi-function MCMs (multi-chip modules).
- Research competitive products, identify use cases to guide IC design team, evaluate products in the lab, and rollout the product and solution into market.
- Drive development of complete solution including datasheets, user guides, simulation models, EMI, thermals, magnetics, evaluation hardware & firmware.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a cross-functional development team that includes IC Design, Test, Packaging and QA.
- Business Development Support:
- Develop application notes, reference designs, technical articles, customer and field demos.
- Develop and deliver compelling presentations to train customers and FAEs to get unfair mindshare.
- Use support as a lever to win customers. Drive paper designs, hardware, magnetics, passives, and appropriate vendor partnerships to that end.
- Team Building and Resource Planning:
- Lead and expand the current team of engineers and technicians with multiple locations.
- Budget lab equipment.
- Strong talent acquisition, people management and motivation skills to drive a global team to perform higher than what they think they can.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering plus minimum 10 years of experience in power electronics preferably with exposure to multiple end markets.
- Experience in proposing, defining and developing creative power management ICs beyond a single customer or market.
- Ability to understand the system architecture, customers’ problems and needs, and to propose a solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, meet deadlines, and lead a high performing team.
Reference Number: MMMA125
|Job Category||Power Management, Semiconductor|