Our Client, a high growth Pre-IPO Semiconductor Startup spun off from GE Research & Development, has reinvented one of the most fundamental building blocks of electronic systems – the electronic switch. This technology creates a new switch category that eliminates compromises and tradeoffs by combining the benefits of electromechanical and solid-state switches into the best of both worlds.
Reporting to Company’s Co-Founder, SVP Marketing, as Director Product Management – RF/Microwave, you will be responsible for defining and driving the development of next-generation RF products, focused in key market segments including Aerospace & Defense, 5G Wireless Infrastructure, and many others. You will be responsible for all aspects of the RF product line including product and strategic planning, product definition, product positioning, go-to-market strategy, competitive analysis, competitive positioning, strategic partnerships, etc. Your work will be highly visible within the executive team.
· Work with key partners, customers, and end users to drive adoption of Company’s RF solutions for their current generation deployments
· Work with end users, customers, technology partners, and standards bodies to define the right requirements for next generation roadmap products and put in place partnerships to ensure their adoption
· Create detailed market / business and product plans
· Drive product lifecycles and manage from inception to commercialization (feature roadmaps, product roadmaps, pricing)
· Develop, implement, and manage plans for product launches including documentation, sales collateral, and presentations
· Prepare Marketing Requirements Documents (MRDs), Product Requirements Documents (PRDs), Competition and Return-on-
Investment (ROI) analysis for new and updated product releases
· Drive the development and distribution of supporting product documents (briefs, application guides, data sheets, bulletins) as well as content and messaging on website and thought leadership content through tradeshows and publishing
· Product positioning in new and existing market segments; driving efforts for design wins with sales
· Work with sales to assist in developing the pipeline for future sales activity through regular interactions with customers
· Have responsibility for the annual sales targets, market growth, and margin for the RF product category
· Research and analyze market opportunities, trends, and competitive pressures to create, develop, and execute appropriate product management strategies and roadmap
This role requires a strong mix of technical and business skills, in order to work with sales and customers to define and deploy disruptive products to the market.
To be a strong fit for the role of Director, RF Product Management, you will have:
· Strong understanding of RF and Wireless products, including both at a system and component level, at ratings up to 100W and to 70GHz
· Experience working with customers in one or more of the following markets: wireless infrastructure, aerospace & defense, satcom, industrial/medical equipment
· Ability to understand customer needs and pain points and translate that into products with appropriate tradeoffs
· Excellent ability to listen and ‘sell’ product concepts and technologies internally and externally with a passion for technology
· Track-record of success leading aggressive, results-driven product management and product planning strategies and initiatives. This should include experience developing product roadmaps and extensive experience taking product from inception to commercialization, delivering on-time and the financial results targeted.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including market research and data gathering, ability to think / conceptualize independently and creatively, strength in building and analyzing complex financial models, and excellent business judgment and ability to synthesize, analyze and extract implications
· BS in Electrical Engineering or related + 10 years of experience, or MS + 8 years of experience; MBA a plus
|Job Category||Aerospace - DOD, Semiconductor, Start-Ups, Wireless/RF|