Embedded Software Engineer with 3+ years of experience needed to assist Engineering Team with developing software for new products. This is a technical position that requires expertise in Microcontrollers programming, Communication protocols and developing Test Applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
- Develop software architecture and firmware implementation on hardware through integration and test activities.
- Support Engineering team in troubleshooting hardware/firmware failures and to find root cause, proposing solutions to overcome issues, making recommendations for improvements and product documentation.
- Conduct evaluation testing of products by creating test scripts and generate summary reports for review.
- Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
- Must be self-motivated, willing to learn and accountable to delivering the software as per the product requirements.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER QUALIFICATIONS:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Three+ years of related experience (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university.
- Ability to:
- Read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Hands on experience with 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers, Fixed and Floating point Digital Signal Processors.
- Hands on experience with ARM Cortex Processors preferable.
- Ability to code in programming languages such as C, C++, Assembly language, LABVIEW.
- Experience with RTOS in embedded systems is highly preferred.
- Hands on experience with Network programming protocols such as TCP,UDP,HTTP,VISA,VXI-11 and SNMP is an added advantage.
- Experience with handling RS232, RS485, USB, Ethernet, CAN protocols in embedded systems.
- Familiarity with Keil compiler and other IDEs.
- Experience in using software bug tracking tool.
- Basic understanding about analog and digital circuits that are commonly used in Embedded systems.
- High Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Highest Skills: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Reference Number: LCTD124
|Job Category||Power - Battery, Power Management|