Our Client is an England based global provider of engineered electronics. They collaborate with customers in the aerospace, medical and industrial markets, providing them with engineering expertise and support through a global network of specialists and world class facilities. As a responsible employer we encourage all our people to “give something back” by supporting the local communities in which we operate.
Their site in Covina, California specializes in the design and manufacture of high-reliability power supplies.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for supporting business development in the development of the Engineering Strategy for military and commercial high density power supplies and power systems related hardware. As a member of the site leadership team this role leads the development and deployment of technology and product roadmaps to market and customer needs. This role will also lead engineering excellence through processes, practices, and continuous improvement to improve project execution and quality.
Able to communicate with customers regarding specifications for new products, as well as Company’s design and manufacturing teams to support all engineering related activities.
The essential functions of the role include but are not limited to:
- Lead Engineering excellence, driving continuous improvement in Engineering KPIs, project execution, and quality of engineering
- Leads employees in the design, development, and test of electrical and mechanical packaging of complex state-of-the-art power supplies
- Directs, manages and coordinates through project leaders the design, development and evaluation of all “New Product Introduction” within the site
- Meets with current and prospective customers to maintain strong customer relationships, provide technical support and develop new business
- Evaluates technical aspects of customer specifications and statements of work
- Assists the Product Managers for generating budgetary estimates for new proposals
- Assists in the creation of technical proposals, provides guidance to others in proposal preparation
- Assists in developing the key Strategic Growth Plan (SPG), Multi-Generation Product Plan (MGPP) and Annual Operating Plan (AOP)
- Responsible for generating and updating test plans, procedures, and white papers as required
- Manage engineering resources and hire outside resources to support NPI projects to ensure site is equipped with the right Engineering capability to support all “cradle to grave” engineering disciplines
- Generate NRE bids in support of proposals
- Chair NPI status meeting to inform Program Review Committee (PRC) of status and issues on NPI projects
- Perform all HR related activities for the department including but not limited to: hiring, performance management, team development, & coaching
- Interprets company goals and objectives into department goals and disseminates the information clearly to all reporting employees within the set timeframe given
- Partners with HR Director on engineering department strategic workforce planning focusing on developing key engineering capabilities to support the site. Ensuring appropriate people development, career paths, development tools, and processes are in place
- Generate schedules and perform man loading analyses
- Coordinate and support sustaining activities
- Interface with potential customers to generate new business
- Ten (10+) years progressively responsible experience in the state-of-the-art power supply topology design and development in Mil/Aero industry
- 5-10 years experience in developing and leading a team
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering required
- Technical Competencies: Analog and digital design and analysis, proficient in Microsoft office and scheduling software
- Good written and verbal skills
- Ability to interface well with all levels within the organization and develop cohesive teams. Strong bias for action and ability to meet commitments. Ability to take ownership of projects and achieve strict deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
|Aerospace - DOD, Consumer Electronics, Power Management