Engineering Manager, Electronics Design Job Description:
Engineering Manager, Electronics Design will be primarily responsible staffing and managing a team of engineering specialists in electronics, specifically for use in power electronics applications. Will be expected to oversee the technical execution of their team and deliver to the project timeline and objectives. Will ensure electronic products are properly specified, designed and tested to meet customer performance requirements.
- Technical oversight of the electrical hardware design, electrical CAD, and systems engineers within the power electronics / electronics team.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate efforts of the power electronics team to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Manage and prioritize workload of the team and related outside resources. Maintain visibility of workload to engineering organization.
- Development of team including talent management system cycle processes.
- Evaluate quality of work, responsiveness, and communication. Adjust as needed.
- Create standard work processes, and design templates & guidelines for power electronics / electronics products.
- Assess and coordinate training according to company and employee growth needs.
- Create and maintain power electronics product and technology roadmaps.
- Communicate and enforce safe work procedures.
- Identification and closure of safety issues (suggestions, inspection and investigation findings, hazards and controls, GSSF actions) and their corrective actions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum 8 years electronics engineering experience required with a minimum of 3 years specific to electronics hardware design.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Automotive experience strongly preferred.
- Familiar with:
- Mentor Graphics preferred.
- Requirements gathering and management tools such as Doors.
- Requirements compliance planning and testing (V Diagram fulfillment).
- Excellent people skills and history of teamwork.
- Determines best techniques/procedure and applies for analysis, design, or experimental procedures.
- Documents and shares best-practices.
- Mentors the less experienced; role model for Company Beliefs.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Willingness/ability to travel 10% both domestically and internationally.
- Functional/Technical Skills.
- Problem Solving.
- Decision Quality.
- Interpersonal Savvy.
- Drive for Results.
- Action Oriented.
- Conflict Management.
- Motivating Others.
Reference Number: JMBW112
|Job Category||Automotive - EV|