Failure Analysis Engineering Aide Responsibilities:
- Provides timely and accurate root-cause analysis of products (IC’s, System-in-Package, and filters) using electrical and physical failure analysis techniques.
- Supports Failure Analysis Engineers and works with cross-functional teams (Manufacturing, Quality, Reliability, Design, etc.) to solve problems arising from customer returns, process anomalies, engineering evaluations, and new product development.
- Communicates analysis results through formal, technical report writing.
- Collaborates with internal and external laboratories as needed.
- Meets failure analysis cycle-time requirements.
Critical knowledge and abilities:
- Strong knowledge and experience utilizing physical failure analysis techniques for IC’s and PCB’s including cross-sectioning, parallel lapping, Reactive Ion Etching, decapsulating, X-ray analysis and chemical deprocessing.
- Experience utilizing optical and scanning electron microscopes including EDX (Energy Dispersive X-ray) analysis.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical failures by micro-probing and using electrical test equipment.
- Adept at I/V curve-tracing using analog and multi-pin, digital curve tracers (RTI).
- Experience building evaluation boards by interpreting schematics and soldering components.
- Demonstrated proficiency utilizing MS Word, Excel, photo-editing, schematic and IC layout software.
- Familiar with FA techniques in order to effectively direct external lab’s: EMMI, FIB, CSAM, OBIRCH, TIVA, LIVA, etc.
- Able to write concisely using good spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills.
- Must be highly organized with a strong attention to detail. Must be able to manage multiple, concurrent assignments under tight deadlines.
- Able to follow instructions, maintain priorities, and make good decisions with minimal supervision.
- Has an FA mindset understanding FA processes, flow, and decision tree.
- Familiar with IC packaging, semiconductor processes, and PCB manufacturing.
- Experience working within an ISO-9001 work environment is a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant Failure Analysis experience in the semiconductor or PCB industry.
- Associate degree or technical certification in Electronics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Reference Number: LCVC125
|Job Category||Power - Battery, Power Management|