The Field Application Engineer will focus on supporting tier-1 customer(s) in the Bay Area. The engineer will also be supporting customer debug efforts when issues occur. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience in high performance multiphase DC-DC non-isolated embedded power, ability to work in a fast pace environment, and enjoys working in the lab to validate customer designs according to application requirements.
The main responsibilities include performing schematic/layout reviews, circuit simulations and validating DC-DC power management products, which include digital multi-phase controllers, power stages, and point-of-load regulators. These solutions are to be designed into computing equipment such as desktop/laptop computers, graphic cards, and data communication equipment such as server/router/switch to power CPU’s, Memory, GPU’s and ASIC’s.
In your new role you will:
- Support of DC-DC products in computing, GPU boards, and/or data communication applications; primarily focuses on digital multi-phase controllers.
- Responsible for providing all types of technical support leading to design wins, as well as ongoing support for existing products and customer programs as needed; this includes schematic reviews, layout reviews, circuit simulations, board bring ups, tuning/optimization, full validation, and generating validation reports.
- Debugging of solution in customer application on-site at customer labs or at company labs.
- Collaboration with other FAEs and communication with company design centers and other functions as necessary to support customer design-in.
- Maintain and develop understanding of customer’s products.
- Proficient in understanding system solution design decision and trade-offs (including magnetics, capacitors, and control loop) and makes recommendations on product selection for the desired cost/benefit ratio.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- BSEE; MSEE preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience with DC-DC circuit application highly desired.
- Relevant experience in power electronics with emphasis on analog/digital LV DC-DC; Multiphase Vcore and Memory a plus.
- Experience with running Intel validation tests preferred.
- Experience with circuit simulations; Simplis preferred.
- Good with PCB rework; strong soldering skills preferred.
- Experienced with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators, electronic loads, network analyzers, multi-meters, thermal cameras, etc.
- Experience in Applications and/or design of end equipment using DC-DC control ICs and power semiconductors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity tools; Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; verbal and written.
- Willing and capable to take responsibility.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Capable to quickly understand complex situations/problems.
- Reliable, responsive, and creative.
- Ability to think and act strategically and operationally without direction.
- Capability to work 90% of the time at customer sites.
- Ability to commit 5% a year to overnight travel.
Reference number: MMIF102
|Job Category||Digital Power, Power - Battery, Semiconductor|