The FAE team member will focus on leading a team of FAEs as well as being a shirt-sleeve engineer supporting customers in the Bay Area working on power management solutions related to DC-DC solutions. These solutions are to be designed into computing equipment such as desktop/laptop computers and GPU boards, and data communication equipment such as server/router/switch to power CPU’s, Memory, GPU’s and ASIC’s. The ideal candidate must have experience leading technical teams and have hands-on experience in high performance multiphase DC-DC non-isolated embedded power, and enjoy working in the lab to validate customer designs according to application requirements. Experience in SMPS and RF is an added plus.
- Organization and planning of staff assignments to meet customer development needs.
- Responsible for providing all types of technical support leading to design wins, as well as on‑going support for existing products and customer programs as needed. These include schematic reviews, layout reviews, board bring ups, tuning/optimization and running.
- Debugging of solution in customer application on-site at customer labs or at company labs.
- Collaboration with other FAEs and communication with in-house design centers and other functions as necessary to support customer design-in.
- Proficient in understanding system solution design decision and trade-offs (including magnetics, capacitors, and control loop) and makes recommendations on product selection for the desired cost/benefit ratio.
- Training and development of staff.
- Maintain and develop understanding of customer’s products.
- BSEE, MSEE preferred or equivalent experience.
- 10 or more years relevant experience in power electronics.
- At least 5 years management experience.
- Experience in Applications and/or design of end equipment using power management control ICs & power semiconductors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office productivity tools (Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Willing and capable to take responsibility.
- Strong quantitative analysis skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Capable to quickly understand complex situations/problems.
- Reliable, responsive, and creative.
- Ability to think and act strategically and operationally without direction.
|Job Category||Power Management, Semiconductor|