Functional Safety Manager/Principal Engineer Position Overview:
Our client is a global power management semiconductor company that is investing heavily to grow in the automotive market. They are seeking an experienced Functional Safety Engineer to define and implement the safety architectures for their next generation power portfolio, aimed at automotive applications as ADAS, Battery Management, Powertrain and more. You will be instrumental in building the functional safety development framework and have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and customers across global locations (US, Europe, Asia). You will also have the opportunity to mentor and train junior engineers, as well as provide company-wide thought leadership in the realm of Functional Safety.
- Architecting hardware solutions to enable company product compliance to applicable safety standards such as ISO26262 and IEC61508.
- Work with engineering teams (marketing, design, quality and more) to derive functional and safety-critical requirements in compliance with state-of-the-art automotive standards.
- Overseeing and owning implementation of ISO26262 documentation management software, such as JAMA.
- Creating collateral for and managing safety assessments with 3rd party assessors.
- Partnering with technical marketing engineers to develop mutually agreeable design specifications.
- Developing procedures for system validation and build evidence for the system safety case.
- Engaging with customers and systems engineering to enable customer systems to comply with applicable safety standards.
- Establishing and owning technical vision and architectural approaches for Functional Safety in new products.
- Participating in ISO 26262 standards group.
- Internally promoting the Functional Safety approach across organizational boundaries.
- Travel domestically and internationally to meet with customers and regional field or product line colleagues.
- Strong experience with ISO26262, including architecting, designing, and/or validating functional safety systems in automotive.
- Experience delivering a functional safety project from concept to full specification.
- Solid understanding of the relationship between suppliers and OEM when it comes to product safety.
- 5+ years work experience in semiconductor product development or hardware engineering.
- Practical experience with methods such as HARA, FMEA, root cause analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both technical and executive audience.
- Power management background a plus.
- BS or MS in electrical engineering or a related field.
Reference Number: MMMP104
|Job Category||Automotive - EV, Power Management, Semiconductor|