IC DESIGN ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Privately held Semiconductor Company with exciting new products for power conversion. Their power products have industry leading metrics of power density, efficiency and switching frequency. We are looking for an IC Design Engineer to become an integral part of the IC design team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an IC Design Engineer, your work will be critical to the success of the AC -DC power business. As such, your responsibilities will include the following:
- Participate in all phases of IC development including architecture, transistor- level analog circuit design, layout supervision, top level simulations, silicon debug and production test support.
- Own challenging design modules such as low dropout regulators (LDOs), precision ADC s, clock generators and high-speed comparators.
- Work closely with our layout staff to ensure the layout of high reliability, high yield circuit blocks.
- Perform standard analog design flow tasks including top-level simulation, corner simulations and monte-carlo simulations.
- Work with test engineers to test the developed modules / products and provide guidance for debugging.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5-10 years of IC design experience.
- MSEE or PhD required.
- In-depth technical knowledge of analog IC design, preferably in high-voltage power management circuits.
- Experience with power management, AC /DC or DC /DC converters is preferred.
- Experience in verification methodologies and knowledge of Verilog A is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of CMOS device physics and fabrication processes.
- Strong knowledge of device parasitics & noise analysis.
- Fluent with Cadence design environment.
- Self-motivated, driven, passionate individual with focus on results and meeting project deliverables.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
Reference Number: LCSL107