IT Staff Engineer / Manager, Global Infrastructure & Cloud Services
Engineering Management, Operations, Program/Project Management
California, San Jose
Posted 4 years ago
IT Staff Engineer / Manager Position Overview:
This is a key role in the global IT team of a rapidly growing high-tech company to evaluate, adopt and implement the latest time-proven best practices in AWS and VM Servers, Network, and Data Storage / Backup technologies. This is an opportunity for a seasoned IT Infrastructure/Cloud expert to not only influence strategic IT decisions but also project-manage their implementation and supports across global sites.
IT Staff Engineer / Manager Job Functions:
- Manage for optimal performance of (at least two areas of) Servers, Network and Storage systems and AWS (Azure) by using advanced tools.
- Evaluate and adopt new Cloud services in Servers, Storage/Backup, and Network for scalability, robustness, uptime improvement in all global sites.
- Lead AWS support of e-commerce website supports.
- Project-manage IT Infrastructure efforts by leading/collaborating with other teams.
- Manage remote sites IT supports/projects by managing local contractors/direct supports.
- Continuously improve IT infrastructure project management among global IT team.
- 10+ years in IT infrastructure technologies in high-tech companies including VMware, Servers, Network and Data Storage/Backup, IT Security management.
- 2+ years’ hands-on expertise in latest AWS (and Azure) technologies.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- E-Commerce related IT infrastructure support experience desired.
- High-tech and/or Semiconductor industry experience is a plus.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in EE, CS or related technical field.
Reference Number: MMMP105
|Job Category||Consumer Electronics, Semiconductor, Software|