This is a senior level position in application/system engineering.
Responsible for developing advanced power supplies, including: developing circuits, modifying and evaluating existing designs, electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry. Determines design approaches and parameters. Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
· Design of DC/DC, AC/DC switch mode power supplies utilizing various electrical topologies.
· Interpret customer and marketing requirements for new or modified products.
· Performs electrical schematic design and coordinate the activities for PCB, mechanical design, documentation, safe agency approvals and release of designs to manufacture.
· Electrical design of new and modified products, ensure products designs are cost effective and design for manufacturing.
· Performs cost analysis and produces cost estimates.
· Troubleshoots circuits as required.
· Makes presentations to management and customers.
· Prepares user related documentation relative to products and components.
· Familiarity with DC/DC and AC/DC converter topologies and design tradeoffs.
· Knowledge of magnetic component design.
· Experience with electronic packaging.
· ISO and GMP standards and EMI compliance.
· Knowledge of CE certification standards.
· Thorough understanding of control theory.
· Experience with design process.
· Familiarity with automatic assembly equipment.
· Familiarity with current manufacturing techniques for power products.
· Strong project management experience.
· Experience designing electronic power supplies and power conversion products.
· BSEE / MSEE preferred.
|Job Category||Consumer Electronics, Power - Battery, Power Management, Semiconductor|