Senior Application Engineer, Battery Management Position Overview:
As an Engineer, you have deep knowledge in Power Electronics with emphasis in motor drives and renewable energy applications. This includes power electronic topologies, DC/DC converters, and inverters. If you would like to further your growth within a dynamic global semiconductor leader, our company’s Mid-Voltage DC-DC Applications team will support your success in this role!
Our Applications team is looking for an engineer with deep knowledge in power electronics and emphasis in motor drives. In this position, you will work in the definition, testing and support of power MOSFETs, gate drivers and microcontrollers in low and medium voltage drives applications. As an Application Engineer, you will work with engineers from multiple disciplines in the concept and development of products optimized for battery powered drives applications.
The candidate will analyze from a system perspective, new power MOSFET technologies and the interaction with the rest of components in the application with the goal to make drives more efficient, smarter and safer. You will work in design-in activities with customers and will support technical the go to market activities for the developed products.
In your new role you will:
- Analyze the details of MOSFETs characteristics including electrical, thermal, mechanical and packaging challenges.
- Generate reference designs and evaluation boards for internal use and customer evaluation.
- Analyze in detail and define MOSFET gate drivers.
- Work with microcontrollers and be capable of firmware programming.
- Lead technical discussions within the company and with the customers and guide critical decisions.
- Conduct trade and performance studies, electrical and thermal.
- Perform competitive benchmarking at device and system levels.
- Generate computer circuit models to predict circuit behavior using SPICE, SIMetrix, and MATLAB.
- Work with Safety and EMI standards.
- Interact with different functional disciplines within company, such as Marketing, FAEs, Silicon design, Manufacturing, Reliability, Failure Analysis, Product Engineering and other product groups.
- Participate in technical conferences and present technical papers locally and globally.
- Closely collaborate with other corporate design centers.
- Travel to other company and customer sites.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in power electronics industry.
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of power electronics, inverters and motor control.
- Capability of analyzing in detail MOSFET power loss in a given topology.
- Understand gate drivers, microcontrollers and be able to program firmware (C/C++).
- Good knowledge of analog and digital circuit design and control concepts.
- Comfortable to work in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and flexibility to work on different areas of knowledge.
Reference Number: CMIF105
|Job Category||Motion Control, Power Management, Semiconductor|