- Our Client is a global semiconductor company looking for top talent to expand a dynamic workforce. Revenue doubled last year, stock tripled, and the future looks bright. Come be a part of an outstanding growth opportunity where you can make a difference! Excellent compensation packages and benefits are one click away.
- Our Client develops high-performance solutions for the most challenging applications in sensors, sensor interfaces, power management and wireless. Experience the seamless interface between humans and technology.
- This position will serve as Senior Director of Engineering for Optical Sensors. This role supports management responsibilities for a 200+ member cross-functional team of highly skilled technical contributors and managers. The successful candidate must have demonstrated proficiency in engineering management and leadership. In this role you will interface with a team of highly talented Engineers in the industry to continue in the pursuit of technical excellence and market leadership in a fast paced Optical Sensor Semiconductor environment, delivering products to multiple Tier1 OEMs in the Smartphone and consumer electronics space. A strong background in product development, engineering tools and processes, budget oversight, and functional management is a must – including skills associated with staffing and team development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, manage, and direct the overall product development engineering activities of the department.
- Coordinate the creation, development, design, and improvement of products in conformance with established processes and objectives.
- Develop and manage department budget.
- Work with Business Line leadership and program teams to plan resource needs and manage staffing to accommodate those needs.
- Monitor team activities to ensure compliance with development processes and quality standards.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals, including generation of engineering RFIs (Response for Information) from various customers.
- Analyze designs as necessary to ensure compliance with performance, cost, schedule, and risk objectives.
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer, and business meetings.
- Actively support pursuit of new business by developing and presenting new concepts, technologies or applications.
- Develop trusted engineering contacts with the customer community.
- Provide mentoring and career counseling for engineering staff as required.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Education: Minimum of Master’s Degree in Electronic Engineering; PhD a plus.
- Experience: +15 years in Semiconductor design with 10 years in demonstrated Senior Engineering team leadership positions managing large diverse teams in multiple locations.
- Experience in multi-location (North America, Europe, Asia) and multi-cultural team management.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute large group and customer presentations.
- Demonstrated proficiency recruiting technical talent and building efficient development teams.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office tools, including the use of Excel, Project, and PowerPoint to organize complex data for communication and analysis.
- Responsible for design and development of mixed signal IC Teams from initial concept until production ramp, including design for: manufacturability, yield, test, and reliability.
- Supervises detailed design (analog and digital), simulation, layout, verification (digital and mixed signal) and validation of integrated circuits.
- Excellent knowledge of product development processes and engineering tools – emphasis in analog / mixed signal Integrated Circuit Design or a similar specialty.
- Expertise with SPICE simulations, including: PVT, Monte Carlo, mixed signal, modelling, optimization, etc.
- Experience designing for system / application level concerns, including: packaging, parasitics, power, die size, cost, etc.
- Detailed understanding of the Systems engineering discipline, including requirements development, product qualification, and test.
- Experience leading multi-discipline technical teams to solve complex problems and achieve results.
- Ensure adherence to engineering practices and challenge engineers on the implementation and design robustness.
- Work with other internal organizations to ensure timely project execution and proper implementation (such as Operations, Test, Quality, Applications, etc.).
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Ability to decipher highly technical data and make sound decisions.
- Multi-task in an evolving project environment.
- Ability to analyze data in Mathcad, MATLAB, or similar tools.
- Calm professional demeanor and excellent listening skills.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and build strong teams.
- Experience with Optical Sensor products a Plus.
- Travel up to 40% per year
Reference Number: JMAM109