Our client is a leading global aesthetics device company with a comprehensive product portfolio and a global distribution footprint. They are a fast-paced, high-tech medical device company looking for the right person to help grow their business.
The Company’s technology enables physicians to provide advanced solutions for a broad range of medical aesthetic applications including improving the skin’s appearance through the treatment of superficial benign vascular and pigmented lesions, unwanted hair removal, improvement in skin laxity, skin wrinkles, and body contouring and sculpting. They are proud to manufacture all of its systems and accessories at its California headquarters. It has direct global operations in North America, Japan, Australia, and several European countries, and its products are distributed in over 40 countries.
The Sr. Embedded Software Engineer serves on the R&D team to contribute toward the development of embedded software for novel medical systems. As part of our growing software group, you will contribute directly toward firmware development of Company products. Projects involve a broad range of technologies, including complex laser systems, optical delivery systems, ultrasound, and radio-frequency devices all developed internally by our scientists and engineers in our on-site R&D labs. This position provides a unique opportunity for an individual with broad interests and skills. Expertise in C and C++, as well as in-depth knowledge of 12C, SPI, USB, and Ethernet interfaces and RTOS, GUI, EWS and wireless technologies is desired.
- Participate in medical device design activities, including development of new device requirements, system specifications, and architecture.
- As a direct contributor write embedded software in C and other languages.
- Develop Software Requirements Specifications and Design Documents.
- Work with Sustaining Engineering Group providing support for existing devices.
- Assure compliance with all applicable standards using appropriate design and testing methodologies.
- Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience, with four-plus years of related experience in embedded control system design and debugging.
- In-depth knowledge of embedded, microprocessor based controller design required.
- Ability to read electronic schematics and datasheets.
- In-depth knowledge of HW communication standards such as I2C, SPI, SUB, and Ethernet.
- Expertise in C programming.
- In-depth knowledge of real-time operating systems.
- Familiarity using version control software.
- Practical debugging skills using oscilloscopes and logic analyzers required.
- Company designs products that contain electronics, including high-voltage electronics, control circuits, electro-mechanical devices, electro-optics and instrumentation. Candidate must be well-versed in these aspects of device design.
- Experience working with other electrical and electronics engineers; mechanical and optical engineers; software engineers and scientists to develop new products.
- Experience in programming systems based on ARM microprocessors.
- Experience in using IAR tools.
- Familiarity with embOS operating system.
- Previous experience designing medical devices.
- Experience with wireless technologies, such as 802.11, 802.15.1.
|Job Category||Mechanical Engineering, Medical|