Senior Engineer, Quality – Bilingual – English / Spanish
- Develops Quality Assurance Procedures (QAPs), reviews and approves drawings, and ensures the product developed meets customer expectations through the development and execution of process / product validation plans and APQP disciplines. Able to resolve the most complex quality issues. Evaluates product and process change requests to ensure product quality is not compromised. Member of new product development teams and “sustaining product” efforts. Promotes the company Quality Policy throughout the organization. Works under minimal supervision.
- Maintains / enhances the ISO 9000 Quality System, develops procedures and forms, performs failure analysis, dispositions product, resolves quality issues and develops corrective actions.
- Develops procedures and forms, performs failure analysis, dispositions product, resolves quality issues and develops corrective actions; revises processes and procedures to help evolve the Quality System.
- Provides support for existing products; this involves the disposition of problem reports, working with suppliers, evaluation of customer complaints, review and approval of drawing changes, and development of QAPs.
- Research non-conforming material, reviewing dock-to-stock status and adjusting as required, initiating product recalls when necessary, and leading meetings.
- Provides technical expertise in root cause analysis and development of corrective actions to Quality problems where little precedence has been established and innovative solutions may be required.
- Uses statistical techniques such as DOE, SPC, Gage R&R, capability studies and Six Sigma to improve designs, analyze problems and monitor processes.
- Performs Internal Quality Audits and in-process and receiving inspection as required.
- Generates reports summarizing test results, and trend analysis of data.
- Performs in-house calibration of tools.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Performs training on Quality Systems.
- May lead the Quality Engineering activities in Manager’s absence.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field from an accredited college or university required.
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Reliability Engineer (CRE), or Six-Sigma Black Belt (SSBB) preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in an ISO 9000 environment required.
- Significant related experience and / or training may be substituted for college education (and vice-versa) at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Must have the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite for Windows on IBM or compatible personal computer.
•Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; perform statistical and graphical analysis of data.
•Initiative and self-direction in planning, organizing, documenting and solving problems.
•Ability to read and interpret engineering piece part and assembly drawings and specifications.
•Ability to create and interpret graphs and charts.
•Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and / or engineers.
•Up to 10 %
Reference Number: LCLE123
|Job Category||Consumer Electronics, Lighting - LED, Power - Battery, Power Management|