Senior Field Applications Engineer – Power Position Overview:
We are looking for a FAE to be a part of a team of field application engineers dedicated to our major communication, networking and data center customers.
The candidate will be responsible for recognizing and pursuing opportunities at our customers, with the vision to identify and influence new revenues for our company. This involves being a valued consultant to the customer, as well as working with marketing, and product lines to position the best system solutions tailored to customer needs.
The candidate must:
- Have strong decision-making and creative problem-solving abilities, and will possess a clear understanding of the critical success factors in selling at strategic customers.
- Possess and grow consultative relationships at strategic customers.
- Have a strong understanding of the competitive landscape and capability of proposing full systems level solutions.
- Be a self-directed, dedicated, insightful individual who is fully capable of functioning both independently and as part of a global team.
- Have a strong technical background to conceive of and propose multiple solutions, analyze tradeoffs, and understand needs vs. wants to influence customer designs.
You would be responsible for:
- Working with some of the top strategic accounts.
- Understanding system level requirements and design experience in communications systems.
- Consulting in power systems design and driving power strategy at the customer and internally.
- Supervision of AEs and FAE(s) to leverage knowledge and skill set for the benefit of the customers.
- Working with internal business units and customer to drive strategy and new product definition.
- Identify and support other a wide range of technologies beyond power that are used in customer’s system.
- Working with the customer where new products or special technical requirements need to be defined.
- Developing and proposing new products to Business Unit Product Lines to fill customers’ long term needs.
- Developing and maintaining relationships at all levels with strategic and key customers.
- Supporting customers through all phases of development from concept to mass production.
- Consulting Product lines, Sales, and applications on system requirements.
- Conducting technical sessions or seminars on company analog and mixed signal products.
- Monitoring industry trends and developments to anticipate technical needs.
- Understanding the customer’s whole system structure/block diagram and being able to identify where company’s parts can be sold for benefit of optimizing company’s revenue with a system level perspective.
- BSEE or equivalent – MSEE preferred.
- 5-8 years’ experience in product development, design and/or field applications engineering or equivalent.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Power, analog and mixed signal circuit applications/design at the board/system level.
- Firmware development a plus.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task between multiple projects and set priorities.
- Team focus, dedicated to team collaboration, optimization of resources and skills.
- Capability to present to and work with all levels of management, sales, and engineering.
- Ability to coach/teach/help others with design issues.
- Good lab measurement and debug skills.
- Ability to deliver convincing presentations.
- Occasional Travel outside the region.
Reference Number: MMAD109
|Power Management, Semiconductor