Senior Manager, Systems Applications
Applications Engineering, Engineering Management
California, Los Angeles Area
Posted 4 years ago
As the Senior Manager, Systems Applications, you will direct and guide the activities of a technical engineering team that as a group are responsible for:
- Leading and contributing to multi-phase digital controllers, and power stages product feature definition.
- Proposing and implementing technical improvements to controller design especially in the areas of control type, transient response, current balance, and other power performance areas of the controller.
- Product-to-system validation of developed multi-phase digital controllers and power stages.
- Generation of customer product collateral (datasheets, application notes, errata, demo boards and leading product training).
- Definition of product application software requirements and validation of software prior to customer release (GUI, Controller Programing).
- Managing the creation of customer reference designs and test reports.
- Managing the design, assembly, test, and delivery of customer demo boards.
- Customer interaction to support and achieve multi-phase controller and power stage design in.
- Customer interaction to solve technical issues that may arise in the design-in and/or production of customer products using multi-phase controller and power stages. May include managing the Failure Analysis of customer returned parts.
- Managing the development and validation of system simulation model (Simplis) for controllers.
- Evaluating final results of development projects to assure accomplishment of technical objectives.
- Preparing and presenting reports outlining the outcome of technical projects and making recommendations for actions necessary to achieve desired results.
- Maintenance of the customer portal (website used to provide customers with access to product collateral including datasheets, application notes, software, project files).
- Providing technical inputs to customer proposals (RFIs/RFQs).
- Selecting, developing, and evaluating personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the LA Area location System Application Engineering group.
- Occasional travel (Approximately 10% of the time) to provide on-site customer support.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- BSEE or MSEE preferred with hands-on experience in high-frequency, high-current, high-density DC/DC designs including extensive lab skills for the test and debug of switch mode power supplies.
- Strong hands-on experience with DC/DC switch mode power supplies including buck, boost, buck-boost converters and high current power stages.
- Approximately 15+ years in engineering design and/or applications engineering and customer support. 8+ years of managing application engineering teams.
- Self-learning, self-discipline, and a good team player attitude.
- Skills to effectively multi-task, manage priorities and solve technical problems independently.
- Strong ability to develop relationships with internal and external engineering communities.
- Extremely responsive, ready to jump on the most difficult design and/or customer issues instantly.
- Ability to collaborate with all functions in the organization from Program management, to IC design, Software (GUI) development, Marketing, FAE’s and sales to ensure companies success.
- Detailed knowledge of Industry specifications used in the controllers such as SMBUS, PMBUS, and Intel SVID.
- Prioritization, multiple project management, time driven results.
- Extensive knowledge of semiconductor design and application development and customer support.
- Great coaching, leadership, and mentoring skills to help the team develop.
- Strong technical skills in power supply control techniques.
- Good communication skills in both verbal and written English.
Reference Number: CMIF110
|Job Category||Power - Battery, Power Management, Semiconductor|