Our client is an international, industry leading electronics manufacturer with leading-edge power management, sensing and data transfer capabilities.
We are seeking a full-time Manufacturing Supervisor to lead our Hybrid Assembly area. Your primary duty will be to oversee and direct the activities of assembly line employees. The ideal candidate will have 10+ years’ experience working on a microelectronic production line that builds hybrid converters, have experience and working knowledge of Wire Bonding, Die Attached, and Bond pull. More than anything, you must be a leader with positive employee relations skills whom people want to follow; a self-starter and highly motivated in learning high current DC/DC converter assembly. Be safety conscious, quality driven, energetic, and self-motivated.
You will be part of Company’s division which markets components that meet particularly high demands and survive under extreme environmental conditions. Application areas include space systems, commercial aviation, medical, oil and gas drilling, undersea telecommunication cable and defense technologies.
In your new role you will:
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
- Provide high quality level of leadership and coaching for the production employees
- Create a positive work environment where everyone has the opportunity to perform at their very best
- Implement a Daily Management process with Rhythm and Rigor to assure daily plans are met
- Understand all relevant KPIs and drive to meet and exceed targets
- Develop plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees
- Ensure production schedules are met to meet customer needs and completion of all paperwork entries are timely and accurate
- Manage and monitor the relationship of downtime, changeovers and process improvements as it directly relates to its quality
- Optimize setup times and programs by working with engineering to improve equipment and operational efficiencies
- Understand, follow and enforce internal documents procedures as well QMS, implement lean manufacturing methods (5s, visual organization, etc.)
- Function as the liaison for manufacturing to other cross-functional teams; Production Control, Planning, Quality, Process / Product / Test Engineering, and site management
- Perform regular audits to verify conformance to quality systems, production schedules, and working hours
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules, recommend measures to improve production methods
- Drive and manage continuous improvement
You are an effective leader and effortlessly motivate your team to perform at their best. You are safety conscious, quality driven, energetic, and self-motivated. Additionally, your skilled in facilitating daily problem solving and understand when to escalate to upper management.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering preferred) or an equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in a microelectronic manufacturing/production role
- 10+ years of experience supervising/leading teams in a related discipline
- Experience/Knowledge of SMT, Wire Bonding, Die Attach
- Experienced in Aerospace and Defense manufacturing environment and its regulatory requirements, IPC-610, MIL-STD-883, MIL-PRF-38534
- Demonstrated leadership
- Flexibility to work an overnight schedule
- SAP or Oracle experience, utilizing ERP reports to drive output and WIP management
- Strong understanding of Lean and Six Sigma tool sets (5s, best practice, continuous improvement, etc.)
- Experience with use of a MES systems, (Camstar a plus), along with participation in continuous process enhancements preferred
- Experience with capacity management and performance management
|Job Category||Power Management|