Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
California, San Francisco Bay Area
Posted 4 years ago
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer Position Overview:
My client is seeking a Senior Engineer to join their Mechanical Design team to assist with technical design and to help develop engineering process for the connected devices team.
- Create and oversee the mechanical design of my client’s consumer products.
- Work closely with Product Design, Program Management, Hardware and Manufacturing teams to execute the product vision.
- Ensure the design integrity of each product (manufacturing documentation, tolerance stacks, manufacturing specification creation).
- Collaborate closely with supply chain partners and CM’s to ensure robust design.
- Participate in the electro-mechanical integration at our CMs.
- Work closely with the mechanical engineering manager to set up engineering processes that enable more robust design and more predictability.
- International travel to support product development (approximately 25%).
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience designing high volume consumer electronics products.
- Deep knowledge of a variety of manufacturing processes (e.g. injection molding, metal stamping, and mechanical integration of PCBs/FPCs).
- 5+ years of experience with a CAD system, Solidworks preferred.
- Experience with tolerance analysis and its application in a production environment.
- Working knowledge of a change management system, Arena preferred.
- Ability to author professional technical documentation.
- Understanding of US and international compliance requirements (FCC, ISO, etc.).
- Ability to define and enforce quality standards both internally and externally with CMs.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all cross-functional disciplines.
- Experience mentoring more junior engineers.
- M.S. in Engineering.
- Experience leading the mechanical architecture set up for complex assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Experience with traditional watch design and CM’s.
- Also, experience developing process or standards for engineering teams.
- Design and review of assembly and testing fixtures.
- Basic GD&T and its application in a CE environment.
Reference Number: CMFO108
|Job Category||Consumer Electronics, Mechanical Engineering|