Sr. Component Engineer
Sr. Component Engineer Electronic Power Position Overview:
Do you have a BSEE and/or MSEE at least 5 – 10 years of experience with Component Engineering? Are you looking for an opportunity to train with the resident expert in Components Engineering, in order to be become the expert yourself? Then, this may be the position for you!
Our client is a Tier 1, International Electronics Manufacturer that markets components that meet particularly high demands and survive under extreme environmental conditions. Application areas include space systems, commercial aviation, medical, oil and gas drilling, undersea telecommunication cable and defense technologies. They offer a comprehensive portfolio of power management solutions with highly reliable, robust discretes and ICs, high temperature DC-DC converters, solid state relays and motor controllers.
In your new role you will:
- Support Hybrid DC/DC Converter Manufacturing, Purchasing, and NPI.
- Investigate and troubleshoot any component issues.
- Provide guidance and direction to resolve component issues.
- Support component SCD updates and initial releases.
- Support NPI efforts with new or updated components.
- Comply with military documents such as MIL-PRF-38534.
- Support the qualification of new or updated components with testing, research, and documentation of data and preparation of documents.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- BSEE and 7-10 years of related industry experience; or MSEE with at least 5 years of related industry experience, preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in Component Engineering.
- 3+ years of Engineering with an emphasis on DC-DC converters.
- Some knowledge of Hybrid product technology and processes.
- Knowledge of qualification of electronic components and associated processes.
- Experience with collaboration among vendors, quality, purchasing and design team members in support of new design.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Good understanding of passive and active components.
- Good communications skills, verbal and written.
Reference Number: MMIF119
|Job Category||Aerospace - DOD, Power - Battery, Power Management, Renewable Energy|