This individual will work closely with Manufacturing, R&D, and Quality teams on the support of our laser and radio frequency (RF) based medical device systems and help drive methods toward improvements of the manufacturing process, test and/or design change. This position offers opportunities to work in all phases of production as all of our products are entirely developed, assembled, configured, and tested in house.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define, develop and support automated functional test systems for PCBAs that can be deployed at various contract manufacturing facilities.
- Assume a leading role through the specification phase for new test systems and coordinate development activities with external contractors and/or consultants.
- Define, develop and support automated functional test systems for finished products, handpieces and various electromechanical subassemblies that are primarily tested in-house.
- Author and execute detailed Validation/Verification procedures in compliance with FDA regulations for new test systems.
- Review PCB design changes and new designs for DFM and DFT guidelines compliance. Provide guidance to the R&D team to guarantee that PCBAs can be efficiently fabricated and tested using available AOI, ICT and FCT platforms.
- Debug complex electronics to component level. When needed, recommend design changes to improve manufacturing efficiency, increase product reliability and lower product cost.
- Create and maintain a test results database to support statistical yield analysis, fault analysis and provide real time test data to QA, R&D and other internal users.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSEE or equivalent with 6+ years of manufacturing test engineering experience.
- Very hands-on, with strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Altium Designer and/or other PCB design tools.
- Experience with bed of nail fixture layout design using tools like CAM350, CAMtastic2000 and AutoCAD.
- Expert level programming skills with National Instruments LabVIEW and Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, database design and administration.
- Laser device and some radio frequency experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create detailed test requirement documents and procedures.
Nice to have:
- Firmware development and debugging experience for embedded systems. Experience with IAR Embedded Workbench, ARM processors and microcontrollers from Atmel and NXP are a strong plus.
- Experience working in the medical device industry. Capital equipment manufacturing FDA Class 2 or higher preferred
- SolidWorks experience a strong plus.