Sr. Engineer – Digital Hardware / FPGA
Posted 4 years ago
Hiring a Digital Hardware/FPGA Engineer for the development of our next-generation data bus networking products. The engineer will perform a wide variety of tasks including the design, development, and verification testing of FPGAs. Also, the engineer will also perform or support requirements specification, digital design, simulation, troubleshoot, hardware/software interface definition and systems integration testing. Additionally, the engineer will work with cross-functional project teams, consisting of digital/analog hardware, software, and mechanical engineers in product definition/design/test/release to manufacturing, in support of the business unit.
- Perform FPGA Design: Requirements, Architecture, VHDL code generation, VHDL simulation, Synthesis and Device Implementation & Constraints, System Integration and Test.
- Perform Circuit Card Assembly design specifying mixed-signal technology circuits consisting of processors, I/O communications, and programmable logic devices (FPGA, CPLD).
- Ability to debug and successfully resolve hardware/firmware issues in new and existing products.
- May provide leadership and/or direction to lower level employees.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- RTL coding/simulation/debug capabilities using VHDL and/or Verilog (VHDL preferred).
- Experience with RTL simulation, Synthesis, and Static Timing Analysis in one or more of the following toolsets: Xilinx Vivado, Altera/Intel Quartus, Lattice Diamond, and Microsemi Libero.
- Experience with one or more schematic capture/circuit board layout tools.
- Familiarity with multiple networking protocols including PCIe, 1G/10G Ethernet, Fibre Channel, 1553, 1394.
- Experience with various scripting languages and scripting approaches.
- Experience in a DO-254 design environment is beneficial.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- 5-10 years relevent work experience required.
Reference Number: LCDD122
|Job Category||Aerospace - DOD|