SR. ENGINEER, POWER ELECTRONICS MECHANICAL DESIGN POSITION OVERVIEW:
Our Client is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. They focus on developing leading powertrain Technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance. Facilities are located across the globe to provide local support for a diverse customer base. The systems business unit is currently looking for a dynamic, results driven individual to join as a Sr. Engineer, Power Electronics Mechanical Design.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform the detailed mechanical and thermal system and component design, simulation and analysis of power electronics systems to meet technical product requirements.
- Perform the mechanical and thermal test, characterization, and validation of power electronics designs.
- Specify, identify, select, and test of key, critical mechanical components.
- Identify and develop new suppliers of critical components and materials needed – Power Electronics Assemblies.
- Support the design and layout of circuit boards, substrates, & mechanical interconnects/bus structures.
- Develop an optimized electrical, mechanical, and thermal solution utilizing balanced requirements to meet schedule, technical and cost constraints.
- Work with systems engineers and program team to ensure the proper allocation of requirements and to perform the verification of those requirements allocated to the mechanical competency.
- Support product development team with technical design analysis, trade off studies, GD&T, FMEAs, design reviews and customer presentations.
- Understand the vehicle mechanical system components and functions that interface to the power electronics subsystem.
- Work with Systems Engineering and Application Engineering to investigate vehicle systems issues.
- Work with other engineering competencies, suppliers, and partners to ensure proper development, execution and verification of power electronics products.
- Focal point for mechanical design technical discussions with cross-competency team, management and customers using highly effective communication and facilitation skills and techniques.
- Determines best techniques/procedure and applies for analysis, design, or experimental procedures.
- Documents and shares best-practices.
- Willingness/ability to travel 10% both domestically and internationally.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology required.
- Power Electronics experience or automotive electronics design experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Engineering required.
- Design for demanding thermal and reliability requirements experience required.
- Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Thermal modeling and simulation preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (Shainin or Six Sigma training a plus) required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Product engineering experience and working knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities preferred.
- Strong knowledge base of engineering theories related to designated engineering function and applies those theories to a variety of complex tasks and situations.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Action Oriented.
- Dealing with Ambiguity.
- Customer Focus.
- Functional/Technical Skills.
- Learning on the Fly.
- Problem Solving.
- Drive for Results
This position will adhere to Company Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Reference Number: JMBW110
|Job Category||Automotive - EV, Electro-Mechanical|