Sr. Engineer, Power Management Systems Applications Position Overview:
You will be working closely with a world-class team, as part of a funded start-up, which is creating world’s fastest and most efficient power management IC solutions to disrupt the multi-billion-dollar industry.
This position will be responsible for the following tasks and activities:
- Power management IC system design, analysis, test, verification, and validation.
- Design and deployment of LabView-based (or equivalent) GUIs to automate the interaction, control, and test of the power management ICs.
- Laboratory evaluation of the test chips using oscilloscope, power supply, signal/pulse generator, multimeter, etc.
- Communication of status, problems, limitations, and risks along with disciplined issue reporting and bug tracking.
- Verification of the proposed system architectures and solutions through behavioral simulations and system modeling and analysis.
- IC package and PCB design and optimization (schematic and layout), e.g., system integrity, parasitics extraction, etc.
- Generate, validate, and publish key reference designs and customer applications solutions.
- Create datasheets, application notes, evaluation kit manuals, layout guidelines, and simulation models.
- Minimum MS degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with more than 7 years of experience with power management IC systems.
- Hands-on experience with laboratory equipment and best practices for IC bring-up, test, and characterization.
- Excellent LabView programming skills for test automation.
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink for system modeling, design, and analysis.
- Familiar with measurement techniques and ultra-high-frequency switching systems.
- Experience with circuit simulation tools, e.g., Cadence Virtuoso and Simplis.
- Experience with IC package and PCB design and simulation tools, e.g., Cadence Allegro and Sigrity (PowerSI).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Self-motivated team player able to thrive in a fast-moving engineering environment.
- Knowledge of control theory as applied to power management systems.
- Knowledge of SPI or I2C communication protocols and developing code to communicate with IC controller.
Reference Number: MMES122
|Job Category||Power Management, Semiconductor|