Sr. PCB Design Engineer Position Overview:
Company is a provider of DC/DC converters and AC/DC power supplies & solutions, and digital panel meters focusing primarily on the E-Mobility, Industrial and Rail markets. Ranked among the world’s top 5 suppliers of power electronics, we design and manufacture the industry’s broadest offering of standard products and are a market leading designer of custom solutions.
Well known for the quality of its products and workforce, we can provide you the opportunity to work with talented people and a management team focused on growth and the ongoing development of leading-edge technologies for many of the world’s major OEM’s.
- Designs challenging high-density PCBs for various power conversion products and related test cards. Responsible for generating accurate and detailed document deliverables to define these products for high volume manufacturing.
- Works independently and as part of a team to achieve the assigned objectives.
- Creates electrical schematics from sketches provided and will generate related component parts lists.
- Generates documentation such as assembly drawings, fab/drill drawings, final assembly drawings, etc., with a very high degree of accuracy.
- Creates and maintains SMT and thru-hole components in PCB and CAD libraries.
- Demonstrates a very high level of accuracy in all work performed.
- Act as checker for other engineers’ and CAD persons’ work output.
- Dfx – Develops new or improves existing PCB designs, addressing various issues related to electrical and mechanical components, assembly processes, methods and equipment.
- Provides input and feedback to engineering and other functional teams in support towards the success of the projects.
- Design of high layer-count, heavy copper planar windings for power magnetic components.
- Updates the Engineering Design Rules & Standards documents and checklists to capture lessons-learned and changes brought about through external specifications, industry standards and customer driven requirements.
- Provides technical leadership and knowledge in the application and support of PCB design software, design guides and rules.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 years of PCB design experience. Or Associates degree in a related field and 8 years of PCB design experience.
- A proficiency in both PADS and Altium design software required.
- Mechanical CAD SW knowledge and hands-on experienced highly desired.
- This design work is moderately complex in nature. Good judgment is required to determine the best methods to apply for a timely and accurate completion of the assignments.
- Familiarity with high density, heavy copper PCB design rules.
- Knowledge of industry, quality and safety standards as to how they affect PCB designs desired.
- Ability to use applications specific to this position, such as PowerPCB, ECAD, MCAD, etc.
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Knowledge of materials and components used in the construction of printed circuit boards and subassemblies desired.
- The understanding of the fabrication processes for heavy copper, multilayer printed circuit board desired.
- Ability to evaluate materials, gather and analyze data and determine root cause of problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a variety of internal and external customers.
- Familiar in the use of PCB tools such as: PADS, CAM350, Valor, etc.
- Familiar in the use of mechanical drawing packages (AutoCAD, Solidworks, etc.)
- Work is performed within established professional standards and practices.
Reference Number: LCMU114
|Job Category||Power - Battery, Power Management|