Sr Power Application Engineer Job Description and Responsibilities:
Privately held semiconductor company with exciting new products for power conversion. We are looking for a Sr Applications Engineer to become an integral part of the newly formed AC-DC products group. Our Power Products have industry leading metrics of power density, efficiency and switching frequency. This role has the possibility to evolve into a leadership position for the right candidate.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- As a Sr Power Application engineer, your work will be critical to the success of the AC-DC power. As such, your responsibilities will include:
- Characterization and benchmarking of power semiconductor devices including competitive analysis.
- Developing Demo Kits including PCB Design, Component Selection, Magnetics design, Application Notes, Demo operation guides.
- Interfacing with design and marketing to ensure customer requirements are heard for new product developments.
- Understand and translate market & customer requirements into product specifications.
- Key customer support: You are a strong voice of technical expertise that customers and field staff can rely on.
- Computer simulation of product performance in applications.
- Support the development of online simulation and design tools.
- Support at technical conferences. Present papers, seminars, and support customer questions at display booths.
- Provide in depth training for field personnel not only on product functionality but also in support of value discussions.
- Provide training for Field Applications Engineers to enhance skills in circuit design, component selection, magnetics design, and design for cost.
- Requires periodic travel for support of customers’ product development.
Must possess/demonstrate the following:
- Strong understanding of AC-DC power topologies including Flyback, Boost, Forward, and LLC Half Bridge.
- Knowledge of the end use conditions for major AC-DC markets; Mobile Chargers, Appliances, Energy Meters, Laptop Adapters, PC Power, Security equipment, and others.
- Circuit simulation using ORCAD, Cadence or similar tools.
- Excellent PCB Design skills and knowledge of layout techniques for Safety and EMI compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of internal and external organizations.
- Comfortable working with customers collaboratively to find mutually beneficial power solutions.
- Capable of authoring applications notes and white papers describing the implementation and benefits of technology.
- Able to present technical seminars at conferences and customer sites on general power topics and product specifics.
- Create and present training material for internal and field organizations as part of our Sales training process.
- BS in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent).
- MS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Experience with Power IC characterization and Electrical Verification Testing of first Silicon.
- 10+ years’ combined experience in Power Supply design and Power Semiconductor Applications.
- Experience with setting up an applications engineering lab.
Reference Number: LCSL106