Sr. Power Electronic Design Engineer
California, San Francisco Bay Area
Posted 4 years ago
Position is with an early phase, well-funded electronic space propulsion Startup Company that has exciting, patented technology which will change the Satellite industry. They seek to add employee # 14 as a Power Electronic specialist to help them develop new products. This will be a key & high equity position.
- Proven DC/DC Power Design experience including topology selection to production or Semiconductor Application Power Board layout & design. Power levels are from 200 – 1500Watts.
- Evaluates embedded systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting test programs; Debugging existing embedded systems, and applying knowledge of power electronics.
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing testing methods; testing properties.
- Develops manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators.
- Develops embedded products by studying customer requirements; researching and testing manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Prepares product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- BS Degree in Electrical with a 5 – 25+ years related power design experience (wide range).
- Experience in PCB design, experience using Altium.
- Experience in the design and test of high voltage power electronics is a plus.
- Developed embedded software using C/C++.
- Developed test software using python ⅔.
- Good hands-on skills like soldering and using oscilloscope.
|Job Category||Avionics, Start-Ups|