Sr Principal Electrical Engineer – Power
Sr Principal Electrical Engineer – Power Position Overview:
Our Client is an innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets where you’ll be part of a diverse global team working together to solve some of the most demanding challenges on the planet.
We are seeking a professional engineer to assume a key role within the System Power, Analog and Controls Department.
Do you enjoy power converter design?
Do junior engineers come to you for technical guidance?
Do you have a strong desire to work on projects that are critical to the defense of our nation?
If your answers are yes, we are looking for you to join our team. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, as well as a comprehensive relocation package.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities:
- Design power conversion circuitry potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies (non-isolated and isolated).
- Architect system-level power schemes.
- Utilize power conversion simulation programs like SIMPLIS to model converter design performance.
- Utilize analysis tools like MathCAD to assess electrical design robustness of power circuitry.
- Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
- Perform high level thermal analyses of critical power components.
- Design power converters to meet a set of requirements, sometimes defining those requirements.
- Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and sometimes define the schedule.
- Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and technical staff.
- Act as a liaison between program and functional management.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Department of Defense issued Secret Security Clearance.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University, with 10+ years of professional experience.
- Professional design, analysis, and test experience with analog electronic design and analysis, including FET, BJT, and Op-amp circuits.
- Professional design, analysis, and test experience with linear converters, and any two of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost, buck-boost. Must also have design, analysis, and test experience with any two of the following isolated converter topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, push-pull.
- Must have professional experience with:
- Performing circuit card assembly-level power architecture trades, and with system-level power architecture trades.
- Analysis tools such as Mathcad.
- Using PSPICE (or similar), and other circuit simulation tools.
- Guiding ECAD folks through layout (power focus).
- Thermal concerns of electronics.
- Taking, analyzing, and correcting Bode plots.
- A self-starter, a quick learner, and be able to function in a dynamic environment, and have good time management skills.
- Have strong teaming skills, and good communication skills.
- Must be customer-focused.
- Electrical Engineering Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University, with 10 years’ experience.
Desired Skills, and Professional Experience:
- • Digital power control.
• Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and Hyperlynx.
• Military specifications.
• Transformer and inductor design considerations.
• Design experience with Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) concerns.
- Leadership experience.
• Design experience with voltages > 400V.
• Design experience with power > 10 kW.
• Program management tools such as Earned Value.
• Professional experience with proposal development.
This position requires the ability to obtain and hold a DoD secret security clearance.
Reference Number: LCRA120
|Job Category||Aerospace - DOD, Power - Battery, Power Management|