Location: California, Massachusetts OR (Full Time) Remote
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with strong Electrical Engineering background to produce and implement functional software Simulation solutions for a leading Semiconductor Manufacturer. Current company Simulation software has in excess of 500,000 downloads per year. You will work with management to define software requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects. In this role, you should be able to work independently with little supervision. You should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. Hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies. Your goal will be to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Review and debug code.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies.
- Develop software that offers users high-quality performance and reliability.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Working knowledge supporting / customizing Web based Help Desk supporting systems is a plus.
- Simulation experience in Cadence / Spectre, Saber, Spice, PSpice, LTSpice.
- Programming / Coding/ tools: C, C++, Python, SIMPLIS, OR C#.
- 7+ years of knowledge of computer languages, computer logic and flow-charting techniques.
- Familiar with software design methods and techniques, and have the skills to write, edit and de-bug computer programs to achieve design objectives.
- Depending on the type of software they are developing, these engineers might need detailed technical knowledge of specific operating systems, such as Windows, Linux or Mac OS.
- Ability to work independently.