Sr. Staff System Definer, Battery Management Position Overview:
As a Sr. Staff System Definer, you will work with customers, design engineers, sales, field applications, factory applications, and the technical marketing team to define new products and ensure their timely and successful launch into the marketplace. You will expand Company’s battery management product portfolio by drawing on your in-depth knowledge of DC-DC converters and battery management IP which will strategically grow revenue and increase gross margin. You will provide guidance and training to designers and applications engineers in order to help enable timely and successful product launches with minimal revisions. In addition to completely owning the product definition from concept to production, you will lead the development of key new IP blocks and converter topologies to integrate these technologies into new products. During the product cycle, you will help support existing customers and also help drive new design wins by strategically promoting products and finding new markets.
- Strategic vision for next generation DC-DC battery charger converter topologies and IP blocks.
- Ownership of new battery charger and associated DC-DC converter IP from product definition stage through production.
- Thorough technical analysis of next-generation charger IP including behavioral simulations and power-train design.
- Competitive analysis of existing solutions.
- Support customers and the applications team with troubleshooting issues and root-cause analysis.
- Direct customer engagement for defining new products and expanding existing business; domestic and some international travel required.
- Training of applications and design engineering teams for power converter topologies including best validation testing practices and procedures.
- Promotion of the products through advertising, editorials, written articles and other collateral materials (such as data sheets, data books, brochures, selection guides, etc.).
- MSEE required, PhD preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in technical marketing / systems engineering within an analog power management/battery management company.
- Experience leading the successful launch of power management products from concept to production.
- In-depth knowledge of DC-DC converter topologies, battery chargers, inductive and capacitive energy conversion, linear regulators, converter loss mechanisms, and modelling.
- Proficiency with simulation tools such as Spice, MATLAB, Cadence, and Simplis.
- In-depth understanding of battery charging specifications including USB BC1.2, USB-C, and USB PD is preferred.
- Experience in creating/presenting technical/business presentations to executive staff, internal, and/or external customers.
Reference Number: MMMP114
|Job Category||Battery Management/Fuel Gauge, Power - Battery, Semiconductor|