Sr. Test Engineer Position Overview:
Company is a provider of DC/DC converters and AC/DC power supplies & solutions, digital panel meters and magnetic products, focusing primarily on the computing, communications, industrial and medical markets. Ranked amongst the world’s top 5 suppliers of power electronics, they design and manufacture the industry’s broadest offering of standard products and are a market leading designer of custom solutions.
Well known for the quality of its products and workforce, we can provide you the opportunity to work with talented people and a management team focused on growth and the ongoing development of leading-edge technologies for many of the world’s major OEM’s.
A key member of the New Product Development and Sustaining Team, responsible for designing, developing, installing and maintaining engineering EVT and production ATE test and measurement platforms in support of our factories and the MA design center.
Sr. Test Engineer Responsibilities:
- Construct complicated ATE test fixtures from verbal and written instructions.
- Test, debug, and repair ATE test fixtures and Burn in fixtures.
- Provide technical support for product and test issues both on site and at our Shenzhen, China factory.
- Design, development, and construction of ATE and Burn-in system solutions for power products.
- Create wiring diagrams and assembly instructions.
- Create schematics and BOM’s for ATE, Burn-in, and Hipot interface solutions for power conversion products. Ensure documentation meets muRata-PS guidelines.
- Prepare detailed and illustrative work instructions, procedures, and test plans, using MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Perform product parametric characterization and verification (EVT) testing, including ATE test, bench test, Burn in, and HiPot. Collect and interpret test data and assist in data analysis.
- Prepares reports, charts, and diagrams to clearly convey test results and highlight areas that need improvement. Reviews and approves same from others.
- Diagnosis, repair, and calibration of proprietary Eltest and Chroma 8000 ATE systems.
- Coordinate and track the department’s ATE and test fixture repair inventory. Research and purchase required replacement parts.
- Preparation of documentation deliverables for pre-release and final production release.
- Handle equipment replacement and upgrades. Coordinate lab equipment calibration schedules.
- Coordinate all activities with department leader and other areas to ensure projects are on schedule and within budget and any sustaining issues are properly addressed and tracked.
- Use company software systems such as PDM, Champs, and Avante to perform daily functions and tasks.
- Attend meetings and prepare reports to provide project or issue status, accomplishment, objective, or specific requested information.
- Must be flexible, pro-active, and willing to dedicate the necessary efforts when needed to meet team objectives.
- Actively participates in cross-functional team meetings in areas of product development and sustaining engineering.
- Supplies other departments with any technical information and support relevant to the area of involvement.
- Works with Documentation, Safety, CAD, Quality Control, Production, Purchasing, Vendors, Sales and Marketing to resolve problems in testing, debugging, performance or manufacturing of products.
Sr. Test Engineer Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent education and/or experience.
- 10 years’ experience in test system development.
- Experience with M.S. Office Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Possesses a working knowledge of parametric tests used to characterizes power converter operation.
- Strong mechanical background involving test fixture mechanical interfaces and assemblies.
- Excellent soldering skills for fixture wiring and the repair of test fixture PWB assemblies. The soldering of SMT components is a plus.
- Strong troubleshooting background of electronic circuitry.
- Experience with using Visual Basic and Windows based test software is a plus, as well as a background working with databases such as Access and MS SQL.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills.
- Experience with Metro Graphics PADS Schematic Capture and LabView tools preferred.
- Background in test data analysis, ability to derive test specifications based on data analysis. SPC experience a plus.
- Experience with Chroma ATE systems and programming language is a plus.
- Familiarity with standard communication protocols such as SMBus, PMBus, and I2C are a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in a fast paced engineering environment and bringing products to high volume manufacturing.
- Demonstrates strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions.
- Knowledge of PC computer design, functionality and repair is highly desired.
- Good communication skills.
Reference Number: LCMU115
|Job Category||Power - Battery, Power Management|