Our Client is a global product leader in powertrain solutions. Their focus is developing leading powertrain technologies that improve fuel economy, emissions and performance. Facilities are located across the globe to provide local support for our diverse customer base.
Our Client’s PowerDrive Systems business unit is currently looking for a dynamic, results driven individual to join as a Staff Engineer, Power Electronics Mechanical Design at our Technical Center.
In this role, and under direct supervision of the Senior Engineering Manager, Power Electronics the Staff Engineer, Power Electronics Mechanical Design will be primarily responsible for performing the mechanical circuit design, component selection, circuit analysis and testing of the power electronics products. The Staff Engineer, Power Electronics Mechanical Design will insure power electronics products are properly designed and validated to meet customer requirements.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform the detailed mechanical and thermal system and component design, simulation and analysis of power electronics systems to meet technical product requirements.
- Perform the mechanical and thermal test, characterization, and validation of power electronics designs.
- Specify, identify, select, and test of key, critical mechanical components.
- Support the design and layout of circuit boards, substrates & mechanical interconnects/bus structures.
- Develop an optimized electrical, mechanical, and thermal solution utilizing balanced requirements to meet schedule, technical and cost constraints.
- Work with the systems engineers and program team to ensure the proper allocation of requirements and to perform the verification of those requirements allocated to the mechanical competency.
- Support product development team with technical design analysis, trade off studies, GD&T, FMEAs, design reviews and customer presentations.
- Understand the vehicle mechanical system components and functions that interface to the power electronics subsystem.
- Work with Systems Engineering and Application Engineering to investigate vehicle systems issues.
- Work with other engineering competencies, suppliers, and partners to ensure proper development, execution and verification of power electronics products.
- Focal point for mechanical design technical discussions with cross-competency team, management and customers using highly effective communication and facilitation skills and techniques.
- Determines best techniques/procedure and applies for analysis, design, or experimental procedures.
- Documents and shares best-practices.
- Mentors the less experienced; role model for beliefs.
- Willingness/ability to travel 10% both domestically and internationally.
Education and Experience:
- BS Mechanical Engineering required.
- Master’s Degree Electrical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Power Electronics experience is required.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience required in some combination of the following areas:
- High volume automotive electronics product development.
- Mechanical design of medium power (3-20kW) Power Electronics systems.
- Design for demanding thermal and reliability requirements.
- Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, and Thermal modeling and simulation.
- Experience in designing for automotive industry strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills (Shainin or Six Sigma training a plus) required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Strong product engineering experience and working knowledge of manufacturing processes and capabilities.
- Strong knowledge base of engineering theories related to designated engineering function and applies those theories to a variety of complex tasks and situations.
- Works under limited supervision.
- Action Orientated.
- Dealing with Ambiguity.
- Customer Focus.
- Functional/Technical Skills.
- Learning on the Fly.
- Problem Solving.
- Drive for Results.
This position will adhere to Safety Program, including safety rules, practices and training as outlined in the Safety Policy Manual, which includes the use of equipment, protective devices, or clothing that the employer requires. This individual will work in manners that stress the importance of preventing accidents and illnesses. He/she must take every precaution reasonable in the given circumstance for the protection of themselves and co-workers. In addition, he/she is responsible for reporting all injuries and/or possible dangerous situations, incidents, or occurrences to the immediate supervisor.
Equal Employer Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals who are qualified for any position by reason of education, training, experience, and personal characteristics, without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, marital status, height, weight, or any other legally protected status.
Reference Number: JMBW103
|Job Category||Automotive - EV, Electro-Mechanical|