Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) Group under the Instrumentation Business Unit is currently looking for an experienced Test Development Engineer located in Grass Valley California. Products in this strategy are comprised of integrated high speed and precision signal chains targeted towards Automated Test Equipment applications. The Test Engineer will be responsible for designing and developing high performance test solutions on Automated Test Equipment (ATE) for first silicon verification, characterization, qualification and manufacturing of Precision Mixed Signal products. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual and fast learner with strong technical, analytical and communication skills. The candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate closely with an experienced development team.
· Develop product test solutions for High Performance Analog / Mixed Signal integrated circuits.
· Design, develop, and debug multi-site, cost effective test HW/SW solutions for characterization, qualification and production wafer probe and final test.
· Work with design engineers in defining/developing test methodologies, test plans, test modes, SCAN, and IDDq test.
· Define test schematics, work with lay-out engineers in designing of Printed Circuit Boards multi-site test HW.
· Debugging test programs, correlating production test solutions to engineering bench measurements, and transferring production test solutions to offshore, high-volume manufacturing sites.
· Engage and support local and offshore manufacturing to maintain production yield, high quality and resolve product and test problems after production release.
· Participation in New Product Development Teams and evaluation of new test systems for future applications required.
· Manage and maintain projects schedules that align with product introduction and release dates.
· Motivated, resourceful team-player who is willing to do ‘whatever it takes’ to get the job done.
Required Skills and Coursework Desired:
· Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree a plus) in Electrical Engineering or relevant technical discipline such as Electronics Engineering, with 6+ years of experience involving: analyzing and debugging analog and digital circuits.
· Strong knowledge of analog/digital devices and C/C++/Visual Basic programming a must, plus scan test experience.
· Designing multi-site hardware and software solutions for Automated Test Equipment that minimize test cost and maximize test performance.
· Using schematic and layout tools such as Orcad, Cadence ALLEGRO.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). Performing statistical data analysis using Excel or other data tools.
· Documenting and presenting test plans and evaluation reports.
· Familiarity with Cadence tools desired. Unix operating system knowledge and lab experience with bench top instrumentation also recommended.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience with various commercial ATE test platforms such as Teradyne, Advantest or Eagle Test is a plus.