Technical Marketing and Applications Engineer
Our client is a publicly traded, global power management semiconductor company. Their automotive business is growing rapidly, and are now seeking an experienced Technical Marketing Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a Technical Marketing Engineer, you will define and develop tomorrow’s cutting-edge power management solutions for automotive applications like ADAS, Infotainment, Telematics, Lighting, Body Control and more. You will work closely with customers, design engineers, sales, field applications, factory applications, and the technical marketing team. In addition to completely owning the product definition from concept to production, you will lead the development of key new IP blocks to integrate these technologies into new products. Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
Technical Marketing and Applications Engineer Responsibilities:
- Define automotive power management products that offer compelling and differentiated system-level advantages.
- Communicate with customer engineers and field application engineers and sales to understand market requirements, competitor landscape, industry trends and more.
- Develop and maintain deep understanding of automotive applications including ADAS, infotainment, telematics, lighting and more.
- Work closely with engineering team including design, product, test and application engineers throughout product development process to ensure strong execution to plan.
- Develop customized solutions and reference designs as needed.
- Author articles for publication in trade magazines and journals, application notes and whitepapers.
- Assist design and application engineers in evaluating and debugging the operation of new ICs.
- Provide occasional lab characterization assistance to help test and analyze customer failures, provide system-level assessments, and report on root cause.
- Use experience gained from customer support to influence definition of new products and applications.
- Provide technical training to field team and customers.
- Occasional domestic and international travel (10-20% of the time).
- 5+ years’ work experience in power management IC product development or hardware engineering.
- Strong understanding of analog/mixed-signal IC’s.
- Experience promoting/marketing ICs and driving design wins by providing system solutions.
- Automotive application experience a plus.
- ISO26262 functional safety experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, for both technical and executive audience.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions and across regions.
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results.
- Strong understanding of the IC product development process, from concept to volume production.
Reference Number: CMMP107
|Job Category||Automotive - EV, Semiconductor|