VALIDATION TEST ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Hardware Validation Engineer is responsible for developing bench solutions for new products including evaluating and selecting bench top equipment, determining test requirements, writing software, and fully characterizing the devices.
- Strong experience in the areas of DC/DC and AC/DC converters.
- Define validation framework, own and execute working with cross functional global teams.
- Developing and writing validation plans, working close with test team for characterization & bench-to-ATE correlation.
- Designing, selecting, purchasing, and documenting hardware: Bench boards, HTOL boards.
- Train and mentor interns & junior Engineers.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Must possess/demonstrate the following:
- BSEE or similar with minimum 8+ years of experience in silicon validation, board-level hardware design or IC design.
- Experience of test automation tools like NI LabVIEW etc.
- Familiarity with bench equipment including source/measurement units (SMUs), multimeters, oscilloscopes, semiconductor parametric analyzers.
- Experience with databases and yield analysis tools such as Galaxy, JMP, Data Power, or DataConductor.
- Basic understanding of embedded C firmware and micro controller architecture.
- Experience with ISO standards and documenting processes.
- Proven track record of solving complex or comprehensive problems.
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills are necessary.
- Proven ability to influence teams in a positive way fostering a cooperative and productive working environment.
Reference Number: LCSL109