Vice President, Application Engineering
Applications Engineering, Executive Management
California, Remote - USA, San Jose
Posted 11 months ago
Our client, a 10 Billion dollar leading Semiconductor company is seeking a VP Applications Engineering to work with key stakeholders ( GTM leads, P/L owners, Engineering team) to support customers technically (direct and through WPP) to meet revenue and DWIN targets for ICW.
In your new role you will:
- Create a technical vision for the long term evolution of the applications engineering activity to support mainstream customers as well as lead customers in the IOT space, putting the strategy in place to make the vision real.
- Own the customer journey and drive ease Of use mindset for all products.
- Promote an Applications and Solutions thinking to showcase software and silicon technologies focused on the BL identified end-applications.
- Be part of business decisions by providing guidance in technical matters to the PL head and GTM lead.
- Shape the Applications Engineering Organization to provide clarity of roles, promote efficiency & Offer development perspectives.
- Lead, inspire, and cultivate a high performance attitude, foster effective cross functional collaboration.
- Built-up know-how & core competencies beyond own departments, using and creating synergies, e.g. training of FAEs.
- Shape the Applications Engineering Organization to provide clarity of roles, promote efficiency & offer development perspectives.
- Drive the continuous improvement Of the AE Whole Product Plan, with respect to the execution-implementation Of the WPP, to deliver the best in class ease Of use and customer experience for company’s products.
- Promote an Applications and Solutions thinking to showcase ICW software and silicon technologies focused on the BL identified end-applications, actively support product initiatives across divisions.
- Collaborate with other company Business lines to support applications requirements for compute and connectivity offerings (products, software, services) and influence the corporate applications roadmap.
- Technical bridge to key customers’ management, build/ leverage relationship & partnerships to understand their long term needs, to translate them into Our roadmap & to position company’s’ offerings in current sockets.
- Co-define & set market trends together with customers.
- Define BL partnership strategy such as outsourcing of certain activities: design houses, universities, etc.
- Create the content for projects and activities in-line with BL strategy.
- Support ICW Module business from an engineering side, define the right strategies for efficient module design and manufacturing processes. Closely collaborate with PL and Application Marketing team.
You are best equipped for this task if you have:
- Master’s/Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent).
- 15+ years relevant working experience in the semiconductor engineering with 5-7 years of experience in Applications Engineering or working with customers in some other capacity.
- Deep understanding of the consumer, automotive, commercial, and industrial IoT applications, customer needs, value chain and competitor positioning.
- Experience working abroad and sensitivity in understanding as well as handling different cultures.
- Strong in communication internally in complex matrix organizations as well as externally towards customers / partners Knowledge of market, customers, competitors, cooperation partners and the industry.
|Job Category||Interface Products, IoT, Semiconductor, Wireless/RF|