Western & Mountain States Regional Sales Manager
Western & Mountain States Regional Sales Manager Position Overview:
Company & Market Focus:
Our client designs and manufactures test solutions for electrical power conversion products used in the automotive, computer, industrial, aviation and defense industries. They have been in this business for over 50-years. More recently, the focused has been on test equipment for the transportation electrification and renewable energy markets where exponential growth is being driven by governments that are mandating clean energy solutions to fight pollution and global warming. They have leveraged its core technologies to develop several new products for this market including testers for motive battery characterization, battery charger performance, electrical grid simulation, and solar inverter test. The products are generally considered best-in-class and have been successfully introduced to the North American market. This position is based at company headquarters in Orange County, CA and reports to the National Sales Manager.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for all sales activities in the territory. Supplementing this team are 15 independent sales representatives throughout the territory. We are looking for a candidate with a winning attitude and a customer focused, growth oriented, get it done mindset to grow the business and team. Effective management is expected to take at least 30% of time spent within Territory.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent; MBA is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Having verbal skills in Spanish is a plus.
- Successful experience effectively functioning within a rapidly growing but still relatively small company environment. A hands-on style that adds value to the many facets of the position is essential.
- 5-years of experience leading a sales team for very technical, high-value equipment primarily sold to engineers.
- Successful track record of achieving sales goals and meeting expense budgets.
- Ability to create and deliver accurate monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and quarterly strategic plan updates.
- Sales training experience and sales process expertise (Miller Heiman, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Background in power electronics, batteries and EVs preferred.
- Experience with a CRM to organize customer information, identify and track all sales opportunities.
- Candidate must be familiar with technical solution selling where an intimate understanding of prospective customers testing requirements is required.
Compensation & Rewards:
An attractive compensation plan and a broad range of benefits including medical, profit sharing and 401(k) will be matched to the candidate’s experience.
Reference Number: CMNH119
|Job Category||Power - Battery, Power Management|